We relocated from Alaska after 18 years. We chose Maine as our new home.The reasons are many and all with a delightful twist of positive bliss. We desired change in our day to day routines. We wanted to be closer to our blood relatives and dear friends in the form of elders . We wanted to be present to play and support nieces and nephews while they enter young adulthood. The opportunity arose and we took it.
It has been one big celebration. We love living in Maine
It was hard to leave our near and dear friends in Alaska after so many years... and the terrain... and landscape... that we called home.
Surprisingly, I keep thinking the words will come to me to help explain this whole paradigm shift (in the form of the move) and how easy it has been to accept it, but the words are not here yet.
My most recent surprise is the daily love for our Alaskan ski experiences. I look at pictures and watch our videos on a weekly basis. I don't wipe my tears away, I just feel a wicked full heart.
I cannot believe this was our home and where we skied for 18 years. The memories are lifelong.
Our ski partners are some of life's best friends and we miss them incredibly, but again- no regrets.
So take this blog as a thank you blog to the snowy mtns of Alaska and those that we experienced them with. To those mtns, those skin tracks, those early season turns, those friends, and those spring ski adventures. I will never say goodbye.
More likely, the longer I live in Maine, the more appreciation I will have for you.
I💜Chugach (and Talkeetnas) forever and ever!


1 comment:
Well this was a surprise - hi neighbor, I am currently living in Vermont! Just down the road from you! What a coincidence.
Post a Comment