We are one year into our life in Maine and it is still wicked good!
One of my favorite things when living out west was following a lot of the Avalanche Forecast Centers. Most of them had a non profit arm (Friends of...) run by volunteers. Their goal was to raise money and awareness to keep backcountry avy education and forecasting supported well into the future.
Now I find myself in the summer season, in Maine and I love following all the mountain bike organizations that exist in our Maine/NH area. These mtn biking organizations are specific to riding bikes. Most are filled by community volunteers and model leadership, inclusion, and forward thinking. If you ride, you have a voice. If you become a member, you have a seat at the table.
These mtn bike organizations gather like minded folks to keep minds and bodies "pedaling" in a forward motion.
![]() |
| link to Central Maine Mtn Biking |
![]() |
| Link to Littleton NH Mountain Biking |
![]() |
| Link to Greater Portland Mtn Biking |
![]() |
| Link to Bethlehem NH Mtn Biking |
![]() |
| Link to Carrabassett Valley, Maine Mtn Biking |
![]() |
| Link to Gorham NH Mtn Biking |
This summer I have had wonderful experiences on trails in Maine and NH. I met local riders who hit their locals NH/Maine trails on a daily basis. I met riders whose best partner is Strava. I met riders who are new to the area and just need help finding the trail heads. I met riders who prefer to ride in large groups. Some prefer to ride alone. I met riders who built the trails and host the work parties. I have met riders whose goal is to explore new networks every Friday and hit up a local food/beer venue every time. I met parents whose goal it is to introduce the kids to the joy mtn biking through their summer camps or family wkd rides.
Mtn biking trails bring communities together and it takes a positive and visionary community of riders to keep this momentum going.
Mtn biking trails bring communities together and it takes a positive and visionary community of riders to keep this momentum going.
If your area has a Mtn Biking organization, I encourage all riders to donate to it (time or money)
Learn when the volunteer trail work days are and join the public board mtgs and have a say. If you build it, we can ride. Our minds and bodies can all roll us into an exciting future of mtn bike trails and beyond.Ride on
Ride on.








No comments:
Post a Comment