I have some fabulous books that have joined me for a cup of tea and we study each other- the book and I. It tries to stump me and I find this seasoned educator just turns each page assuring it that "I got this."
I have also been reading children's books like it is good for my health. Actually-I think it is!
I catch myself smiling while turning pages. I read them out loud at the kitchen table and Skip is getting flashbacks to childhood. I recall all the times my mom read to me and feel thankful.
These stories are filling me with joy and I realize- it is going to be my job to teach through stories and communicate through stories. I love to tell stories!
Today was a day of setting up my office. I forgot to take pictures, but my time was spent looking at each children's book that went on the shelf and 1 hour turned into 3. I was celebrating the energy that comes from being an elementary school counselor. It is a job that is new to me but seems to rely on skills and practices that have been developed over the years.
Creativity, celebration, listening, connecting, respecting, supporting, and teaching.
I could go on, but what I really want to do is share with you a picture (s).
They could be worth a thousand words.
These pictures tell a story.

These puppets have been lent to me by my predecessor, Christy.
Each one has a purpose, a role and a spirit.
They all came home with me today.
I tried to tell them I am giving them a spa day before they have to go work this school year.
They will be hosting a lot of little hands and will be the vehicle for expressing a lot of diverse energies.
They were nervous- I could see it in their faces.
I told them I am feeling the same way-I assured them...


No comments:
Post a Comment