Sometimes notes on the counter really do help remind us of the important things, not just what to buy at Costco! This helped me this morning!
Today, I sit on my couch with a sprained ankle. It is not bad... sitting on my couch. It is actually really good for me to just sit. It is a familiar habit of mine - not to sit on the couch, but to find the silver lining in the predicaments of life.
So in this time I have on my couch with my sprained ankle, I write a blog in celebration of the what occurred 12 years ago.
Laura, Liz, Mari, Jen, Peg, Sarah, Pat and Stacey, friends, colleagues and our family members helped prepare us to celebrate the commitment to spend the rest of our lives together.
Mari, Liz and Laura
Oh the bachelorette hike! What fun!
The Barn!
The Repettos
"The girls"
Mags and Izz
They convinced us that being ring bearers was a very difficult job and they needed an early dinner with extra kibble!
They win!
The Scribners
Spirals and rocks are symbols that will forever remind us of our strengths, our balance, our energies, our connection to the Earth, relationships to others and so much more.
12 years ago I married my defensive partner in hockey. We joke that we met on the blue line - we did.! I will never regret having my hockey gear sent up a month after being here in Alaska-my dad might- cause he sent it!
I still have dear close friends who are in my life thanks to those fun hockey games and locker room conversations! I owe it to Christy and Lori for getting me on teams up here!
But off the ice, Skip was a man who lived life fully, loved his dogs, knew how to play hard, play safe, and play fair in this world of ours! Once he got rid of those torn MSU sweatpants and the forward wearing fanny pack, I knew we would last a long time
All the stones that attendees were invited to bring as gifts are still in our garden as stepping stones! They line the paths in our yard and guide us from garden bed to garden bed!
!
Music by friends, dear friends. So thankful. Fun to reminisce
Nino, Mark, Jim, Pat and Herb!
This picture holds so many memories for me. A few facts about this picture. Mari was very helpful on my wedding day and leading up to the day. She got me in shape and tried to expose me to a lot of etiquettes. I learned more about the power of lipstick than I had all my life. I actually had never worn it except on this day. And truth be told, even tinted Blistex scares me. BUT she was right, it looks better in pictures. (Even if I had tried to move away from this application of lipstick, check out her left hand. There was no getting away from Mari!)
Laura S.- our officiant, friend, and mentor in life. She helped make this day so memorable! Thanks Laura!


12 years ago.
It is fun to grow up.
Thanks Skip for doing it with me. This marriage thing has been more than I thought was possible in a friendship.
Thanks to all our Alaskan friends, old and new.
Thanks to both our families!
Feeling thankful.
Skip- may we always enjoy our dominos game at cocktail hour and
may our toothbrushes always look good next to each other!



No comments:
Post a Comment