July 27, 2016

Living in Alaska has it's benefits...

I love living in this beautiful place that is not Maine because family enjoy visiting. This trip my sister and my niece came for a week. We hiked, we Scamped, we hiked some more, baked yummy desserts and hiked some more.

Hike in Hatcher Pass


Card games and riddles on the trail kept us busy.
A bear arrived in camp right after this photo was taken and we had close up viewing out Scamp's back window.
It was a juvenile black bear and was scared of my voice immediately which was great for safety, bad for photo ops.






Jupiter LOVED having the playful energy 24-7.




 Neighborhood little library visits

Hike to a glacier


As Anne and Caileigh prepare for a redeye flight back home - I reflect on the wonderful excursions and adventures we have had all week. I am so thankful to have a sister who puts so much energy forth in connecting her children to our life in Alaska.
Thank you Anne and all my family for appreciating our home!
 Though far away- you know why we love it!

No comments:

Older Posts