I have celebrated 45 Mother's days in my life. I have had the same mom for all of them. On this 45th Mother's day, I decided to just look through pictures - both digital and hard copy.
Upon doing so,
I SUDDENLY had an AH-HA moment.
My mom has been training Guide Dogs for the Blind for over 30 years. That means she started her passionate work with dogs around the prime of my adolescence.
I reflect on her dog experiences in relation to my adolescence and I see a few differences.
I think these dogs listened better?
I don't think these dogs talked back to her?
I think after a behavior request and maybe a treat, the dogs ALWAYS comply
Oh Mom, I can see the writing on the wall.
These four legged companions were trainable...
A lot quicker than this kid!
Sorry I didn't always change my behaviors immediately.
But thank you for being patient! You are one of the most passionate and caring people I know and I have experienced that for 45 years.
I do appreciate you never tried a choke collar on me, or placing me in a crate...
We made it and I hope you forever can enjoy the satisfaction of training your Guide Dogs, cause you deserve a break from us kids!





1 comment:
What a wonderful tribute to your Mom, Nina. We love her too!
Post a Comment