May 26, 2016

Froo Froo planner


So there is a trend I started officially following TODAY.
Before I reveal the trend, I will back up to get you caught up to speed.
I have spent this past school year pursuing a level change in my role as school counselor. I decided after 20 + years in education – to move to the elementary level.

WAHOO!!!!
I am SO EXCITED!

This has meant that I have been jumping all limbs first into researching, learning, following and networking with other elementary counselors. Specifically, Lauren Hoffman and Christy Jordan have been incredible mentors. The sparks of inspirations were constant when I observed them in their offices and classrooms with kids.
Just listening to the creativity that exists in their every action as an elementary counselor grounded my internal purpose as an educator.

There are incredible networks nationally for elementary counselors out there. It has been almost overwhelming the resources that exist, supporting counselors who work to support children, especially at the younger ages.

Okay- you want to know the trend I am following????


Being organized for a teacher is important.  Being organized as a counselor is also important. In the past I have grumbled at the cost of the boring planners that don't offer enough space for my chicken scratches, but every year Office Depot takes my $20 for the boring planner.

To take my new job and desire for organization seriously  this next year, I decided to follow the trend among counselors nationwide. I learned about it from  Plumpaper.com.


It is a froo-froo planner company. 

You literally can design your own custom planner as a teacher, counselor or highly organized and busy individual.

 I received my custom ordered new planner from Plum Paper TODAY for my 2016-‘17 school year!
When purchasing this planner, I could design calendar pages that had a morning, afternoon and evening layout, so my hockey schedule could mix with my daily schedule. I could have pages for birthdays and personal goals if that was something I felt would set me up for success (NOT!).
I can have stickers to mark special dates and events. 
 I also could pick what my cover looked like. The list goes on.

Most people have monograms or names and a picture of themselves with their family or loved one.

Here is what my new trendy planner looks like:



The picture on the cover is of my dog, Jupiter.  
My black lab is a reminder that if I can handle her, I can handle any student/teacher!

My dog also reminds me how important it is to offer CALM to any (animal) or child in our presence-no matter what their behavior looks like!

Dream Big is Airport Heights vision and I couldn’t be more excited to join this school!



I am still trying to get over the fact that when I enthusiastically showed my husband the planner this evening, he surprisingly responded with "how come my picture isn’t on the front?"
  I am still pondering an answer..


No comments:

Older Posts