December 18, 2015

This goes out to….

This Blog goes out to all my friends and family in New England who enter the holiday season with no snow in your driveway to shovel, no (natural) snow on slopes to ski, and no vistas of snow on your islands and shorelines.

May your snow banks be plenty
May your ski hills be white
May the snow pile up
through the days and the nights.



In the meantime I want you to know- as I often say in this blog - not a backcountry ski day goes by that I do not think of my friends and family back East. This "Mainer" still is in awe of what these Alaska mountains deliver.

Today was one of those days.

So in the absence of your East Coast holiday snow, I will make a point to think of you during the following activities:

Climbing the hills during sunrise:




    floating downhill                                        Jo



                                                                       Skip


                                                   and climbing for another run




And heading home with the sun…


Jo


                                                                          Skip


To my friends and family
 You are in my thoughts - and especially during powder days. :)








Happy Holidays to you and your families!
Aunt Fizz and Uncle Skip







No comments:

Older Posts