December 06, 2015

Aunt Fizz on tour

On December 4th I jumped into a phone booth (airplane). After about 12 hrs I found myself walking out of the "booth"at Logan Airport.  I knew as I saw my sister standing by her family SUV, with an ear to ear smile, mirroring my ear to ear smile, I was home. 
My heart was open, my emotions full, and I knew the Aunt Fizz tour had begun, and I was so excited.
**********
This blog has accounted for a lot of Aunt Fizz tours in the past and even though they all start from the same "phone booth" in Anchorage and move onto Logan Airport, each Aunt Fizz adventure is wicked different from the last.
Let me explain.

Aunt Fizz came about because of my nieces and nephews. Without them, there would be no Aunt to the Fizz. Actually, there would be no Fizz to the Liz.
My nieces and nephews literally and figuratively make Aunt Fizz who she is and provides the purpose behind her "Fizz-ness"
***********
 My sister's family is always the first venue visited during the Aunt Fizz tours. They are incredibly patient as the zombie state takes a bit to wash off, but then the family time begins. The joys of this visit were many, but a highlight was my nephews HOCKEY! 


I had a blast watching my nephew play hockey. I think, but am not sure, that I experienced the emotions that a parent or close relative goes through when significant life events occur in their blood relatives…graduations, marriages, babies, grandchildren. 

I walked up and down the side of the rink trying to put words to my feelings. Was I regretting having not seen him play more? Was I regretting I had never played with him on the ice? Was I in awe of his defensive talents and offensive skills? 




Then I reminded myself there is no need for regret, no need for doubt, I knew I was feeling the emotions of proud Aunt and then I realized it felt great!

I love my nephew and here I was watching him play a sport that I love too. I was glowing inside and out. I was watching him show such talent on the ice and I was so impressed.



I never knew PeeWee hockey could be so exciting and engaging, but then I realized I had a "kid" out there and everything mattered. We all watched with excitement, but I was not able to sit. I had to document what I was seeing because it was filling my heart with joy! 
I left my sister and niece on the bleachers and I walked the plexiglass glued on #18.

After hockey, we came home to cozy time and we sat outside in this wonderful fall weather.


My niece challenged me to a new sport.
 At first, I was wondering where is the helmet, knee pads and mouthguard? But then I realized I need to "get out" more. This was not a high risk sport.
Just Do It!

Awesome Sauce!
Then sister moved on to what I DO believe is a high risk sport- hanging lights.
She did great!

The family lab goes with the flow…
but has a favorite place for sure!
This is it:


Oh, then there is UNO! This skill does not improve with age unfortunately.

So this stage of the tour is coming to an end and the Aunt Fizz tour bus will be hitting 95 North tomorrow. This Boston visit was wonderful and it only can get better as the family audience expands and the venues change almost nightly. 
Thanks to the Scribkins for hosting the first show of the Aunt Fizz tour unplugged.








No comments:

Older Posts