Update From Maine:
I have to say the past 4 days have been quite unique. I am visiting relatives in Maine like I do every summer and I am experiencing a storm of emotions that deserve celebration. I have a Mom and Dad who continually offer support, siblings who care to hear my stories, nieces and nephews who are 24-7 playmates and now cousins who are like best friends coming out of the woodwork. These pictures just offer a taste of my first 3 hours with my cousins Kristin, Eric and Tucker. They arrived on Cushing Island for the weekend with a friend Natalia and already I feel like they have been here a week. That is a good thing seeing I have not seen two of them in more than a decade???? All educators, I am inspired by their youthful energies, passion for life and career decisions thus far. I love how the age differences were a reality 30 years ago ( because a couple of them weren't around) but what I find now is that family traits and stories matter more than years on this Earth. The dinner table tonight was a place for sharing childhood stories of Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents and memories...they are priceless!
Tomorrow our plan is coffee, fitness on the beach, and definitely a day on the water, but no matter what is on the agenda, the power of family is making my days here in Maine!
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment