July 15, 2012

Family+Time+ Island in Maine =

Cushing's Island is a place of my childhood and now it is the place of another's childhood. I watch in awe as the experiences, joys and celebrations remain the same over time with my nieces and nephews. First jumps off the dock, 7 hour days in the water, adults taking turns watching over the little ones and adults being convinced to jump in cold water with the younger generations.

The words are almost hard to choose when describing the emotions that arise as I watch what looks like my childhood being relived right in front of me. The words could be...Thankful, Memorable, and Thankful again. :)
"Jumping Off"

Boat rides with Grandaddy

Transitioning from childhood to adulthood so quickly

Exploring the forts

Story time
No matter what the tide, or what the age, we are swimming all day long in this heat!

As I often say, I was never good at math, but this equation is easy...

Family 
+
Time 
+
An island in Maine 
______________________________________

 Memories that last forever and ever
over generations both past, present and future.

No comments:

Older Posts