December 19, 2010

The X-mas Ladder




I am not shy to admit that I got to where I am today with creative problem solving. I will leave it up to the reader to decide if there are benefits to being a creative problem solver.

I will tell you the X-mas ladder has two sides to it's story!

First Side: Liz did not know how to build a x-mas tree stand for the spindly little tree we wanted to clear from the yard; She was going to be away for the holidays and was too cheap to go buy a large one from a box store.

Second Side: After many a night and day trying to think how we could hang all our ornaments easily, simply, and cheaply, without damaging walls or furniture, the idea of using a ladder came to me during a 2:00 AM "wake up session" (those are the unplanned, unwanted, sleepless moments that are filled with all the to-do's that never got checked off the list!)

So after getting thoroughly, emotionally and physically beaten by the U-19 all stars this morning 7-2 in hockey, I decided to come home and do something I knew I could succeed at...decorate our antique ladder!
I am blogging it because I love it and want to share the idea...can you imagine how many ornaments one could get on a 12 foot ladder!(and trees we could save!)
Happy holidays!


No comments:

Older Posts