
I am about to be 13 this month and wow has my life changed. I thought I was the most spoiled lab out there, but being a teenager lab really brings on the love and affection. I am getting even more love than before and I am not sure why, so my assumption is my age.
Magie my sister only was with us through age 10, so I imagine that my Skip and Liz just love the extra time with me. I get double goodnight snuggles and double morning rub downs. Jupiter, my 2 and a half year old sister watches in envy and just chews on her nyla bones harder, I think because she is jealous.
Another advantage to being a 13 year old dog in my house, I get choice of beds both in the bed room and during TV time at night. I obviously like the double stacked Costco beds, the extra cushion makes a difference on my stiff hind legs.
Today I got to jog a bit on the trails and it was just delightful, but the best part is how vocal Skip and Liz are with their love for me...all I keep hearing is..."look at our older girl go..." "oh this view of Izzy trotting along with us makes my day..." "good job Izzy, you are such a Gooood Girrrrl"
Again, being thirteen is just wonderful. I wish Magie could have experienced it, but she always got the extra loving being the oldest and all. She never missed out on anything.
Another benefit of being thirteen is I sleep so much better. Liz keeps saying I don't hear as well and she seems worried about that. I wish she could understand that it has nothing to do with my hearing, it is all the love of sleep and just the ability to sleep sounder and not feel the need to jump up at the sound of the garage door or door bell. I have been there and done that, sleep is my desire now.
Thirteen does bring it's beauty and age marks and boy do Liz and Skip like the poke and prod them. If I poked and prodded all their bumps I wonder what they would say? It is like they are looking for them every time they give me rub downs. I wish they could understand those are signs of maturity in the dog world and the more I have, the more respect I get from the pups in the hood.
What is my favorite part of being thirteen? well, there are a few things...
1. The extra Yummie Chummies I seem to get when I do the stare down towards the treat container. It seems to be a lot more influential at thirteen , the stare down that is...
2. The love I get morning, noon, and night-I thought it couldn't get any better, but it has! My response is...Bring It On!
3. Appreciation. I sense aN incredible appreciation from Liz and Skip and I think it has to do with being thirteen. The looks they give me, the kisses all over and the gentle pats tell me that they love having me around. That is the best feeling in the world.
Thanks Liz, Skip and Jupiter for all the love. I look forward to the year ahead and remember I will take a treat anytime you want to give it!
Oh and Liz one last request..., leave that doggie toothbrush in the drawer, there is absolutely no need to start brushing my teeth at thirteen! I don't comment on your bad breathe, so please stop commenting on mine...:)
Woof Woof, Thwack Thwack
Izzy
No comments:
Post a Comment