April 03, 2010

17 years later we enter the HERON HALL of HONOR


It was in 1992 that we were all together last as a team. That is when we became National Champions for the first time in William Smith Field Hockey history. It was great, and in hind sight it was life changing! 17 years later we were gathered to be honored into the
William Smith Hall of Honor as a Team of Distinction
and it was a wonderful weekend of memories and laughter.

I made the trip from Anchorage to Geneva NY and Mom and Dad came over from Maine. A trip they did almost weekly during my college career to be on the side lines of my sporting events! I could not have done it with out their support





Cindy and Manny still glowing with youth!


Nate, Ann, Cindy and Jen watching the Lax game in the sun!


Sammy and Liz- Great to reconnect Sammy!


Half time ceremony during the Lax game, getting honored individually by the athletic director.


The Heron Big Girls in action!


SAMMY!


The squad...



The team...


Receiving our award during a delightful evening dinner and dance event


Cindy, Coach sally, Ann and Liz




Mom and Dad celebrating with us all!


Great to see the KULESA's!!!



Big Girls looking all dressed up!

What an incredible travel down memory lane, listening to teammates speak words of wisdom and get honored for their accomplishments, seeing Coach Sally work her magic,and laughing like I haven't laughed in a long long time! Thanks team and I hope we can connect again soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the blog Liz! Great to see you and the rest of the herons. Let's not make it another 17 years before we all reconnect. Happy Easter!

Bridesmaid said...

I love it that i made it to your blog!!

Older Posts