November 11, 2007

SNOW!!!!


WE awoke to dumping snow and immediately got breakfast and headed up to the hillside for a kick and glide ski, after officially getting the ski rack on the car.
A very snowy drive up the hillside where I got my usual nervous fears having not driven in snow for 8 months. I drove home for practice and felt comfortable...though my choice of 10mph had skip on edge a bit...reminded me of when I used to claim I was leading the inaugural parade in Maine when I would drive so slow on my commutes home from school, I had a parade of 20 cars behind me...nothing to be proud of , But I sure felt safe!





On another theme, I wanted to let my Maine relatives know that my Maine connection exists even in my Alaskan Back Yard! Here are a few photos representing all the visual reminders of maine outside our home...
1. Maine license plate
2. Maine (ME) sticker on our trash can
3. Maine Bell Buoy Wind Chime
4. LLbean bag that holds out newspaper poopbags for our daily dog walks...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skip said...

Just got back from walking Izzy,and its still snowing. This is our first real snowfall of the year here in the city. We have almost 6 icnhes showing on our snow stake...here is the forecast:
Snow showers...tapering off after midnight. Additional snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Areas of fog after midnight reducing visibilities to less than one mile. Lows in the mid 20s. Light winds.

Older Posts