November 10, 2007

Endorphins: The body's happy hormone


I stole the title from a woman named Bonnie Murphy who wrote an article in the latest Alaska Wellness magazine. She writes about endorphins and how they are the bodies morphine-in fact- - - endorphins actually attach to the same cell receptors that morphine does. She reminds the reader that no matter what obstacles we have in our life, physical or emotional, DON'T NEGLECT YOUR EXCERCISE!

I just got in from a snowy snowy run solo on the trails, no dog, no husband- just me. WONDERFUL
I passed a family with 2 kids being pulled in a make believe kayak (sled).The kids had big sticks as paddles and the dog beside them was a whale in the ocean!

I also saw Blaze and Pebbles, the two sled dog/lab puppies in the neighborhood- great dogs! But I was not allowed to pet them this time as their mom said "I think they rolled in human _ _ _ _! We talked about how that is the one time you can actually be really be angry at your dog! YUCK!

So any or all who are reading this, remember : consistent, regular exercise produces feel good substances -As some person once said on a magazine page somewhere...JUst Do IT!!!
I am glad I did.

No comments:

Older Posts