November 10, 2007

In between seasons...


Interesting that todays paper has an article about being successful in the "blogo-sphere." I will
admit I do not need to be successful on the world wide web, but I'd like to keep family entertained and informed in a creative way by utilizing this blog.
I had an AH-HA moment this week and I realized the correlation between bloggin' and Skip's and my adventurous activity level. If we are limited in our activities, then the blog has no UMPH...
We had fresh snow at the beginning of the week, then the warm winds hit, trails melted out, wind blew and blew and blew-snow disappeared locally. Biking was out, skiing locally was out and dog walks were quick and simple, while trying to stay upright on melted out icy trails.

SO- How do we make it through these in between season at Jupiter drive...Skip had lots of band practice. I played a lot of hockey this week. I had two long days of student led conferences. Friday was an in-service day and we got out for an icy trail run and back for an absolute lazy day. My desire to nap won over the old feeling of "I shouldn't nap."
We watched college hockey on TV, we watched a Who video that I even enjoyed on the history of the band and looked at maps to plan our sp[ring kayaking trip in Prince William Sound.
We ended the day by going out to a yummy dinner at BEARTOOTH with friends.

Oh yeah and the cleaning to-do list got 20 minutes of our attention-we did what we call a "quick de-clutter" prior to heading out for dinner.

We awoke to SNOW falling today (saturday) so our list is simple...
1. Blog and skip play guitar
1.5 Pancakes for breakfast
2.Clean- vacuum- de-clutter - laundry
3. Head outside

No comments:

Older Posts