March 10, 2018

Trust your gut

Recently in my life I have been holding onto these beliefs -
I  trust the universe. I trust the outcome of decisions and the days ahead. I trust all will work out. 
It feels good to trust. 


So this post is about yesterday. Yesterday was a day of Ah-ha's
It all connected for me and it connected so intensely by the end of the day that I thought I would try and share it with you.
I started my day with a yoga practice that was all about letting our inner light / fire shine.



It was a new practice and I listened and learned. At the end I was grabbing for my journal and writing down words that held such meaning, purpose, and comfort. I know those moments happen to most of us at various stages of our life; when we slow down to listen and look, we will hear messages that fill our heart and guide our conscience.
This practice had me very focused on my abdomen and the light that is always there - radiating. I was reminded that our bodies- filled with cells- have all that they need to move forward in life, make the right decisions and to be well and healthy. Our bodies want to do the right thing. Our internal light wants to radiate out and shine; there is an inner fire that can help us  and is always lit, if we tune in and let it awaken.
I loved this practice
Click here: Morning yoga to let your inner light shine


Next came the kitchen - making breakfast, I had a glow from the inside out and I felt balanced.


The radio was playing and sure enough I heard talk of "our gut" and how doctors are now speaking to people about" the gut" and how it plays a role in patients' lives. What our gut tells us matters. They then spoke about the cells that run from our gut up to our esophagus and began to get scientific and at that time I was so jazzed at the synchronicity of the topic and my yoga practice-I kind of lost focus.

I love when external experiences connect with internal experiences-I call them synchronicities. NPR usually plays a role in them as their radio shows seem to be purposeful and when I stop and listen- there are connections to something in my life, here and how and today.

Again-I feel radiating from the inside out. I am realizing as I drive to work- it is not always about trusting the external world, but that the light and guidance needed is INSIDE OF US. We have what we need. Our job is to listen and look, or stretch and breathe or sit and be. There are so many unique ways to tune into that gut, abdomen, 2nd/3rd chakra, solar plexus....what ever your language is...we all have a belly and I am finally learning to love mine.

Did I just say that? "I love my belly?" Now that is a whole other blog unto it self!!!!


Okay- last phase of my day that had meaning was my lunch break. I sat quietly inside my office and played a Ted Talk while eating  a delicious meal thanks to staff potluck.

I just randomly searched a  Ted Talk title-like I usually do...this time I googled "trust yourself Ted Talk"and I watched the first one that came up.

I have since watched it three times and it became the inspiration for this blog. So before you watch it, I invite you to take a few deep breaths into your gut and relax those shoulders, get in a comfortable position and last thing- grab your journal.

After  yesterday-I currently have a level of trust in my gut that I have never had before and with all that is going on in our life right now - (moving- leaving- arriving- changing- selling- buying-working-retiring-resigning-applying-planning) ...trusting our guts is pretty darn important!

So with that...
Click here: What decision are you NOT making in YOUR life?
Enjoy












No comments:

Older Posts