As I sit to write this blog reflecting on todays ski day, I peek down at my tea bag and it says
"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere" - Vincent Van Gogh
Today was a BEAUTY EVERYWHERE day in Turnagain Pass!
I have found there is a wide-eye approach to all vistas now in Alaska due to the changes ahead. I think knowing we will be moving this summer I now look with deep intentions at everything here.
Today and recent days I have found all conversations, run-ins with friends and neighbors and coincidental experiences around town have also been landing in the suitcase in my heart. I am taking this all with me when we relocate out of Alaska
I am taking the fact that no matter how crowded Turnagain Pass gets every interaction/conversation on the skin track is a fun one. Today had some real unique connections.
Here are just a few for your entertainment:
Uptrack interactions today...
- Todd- skier by day and Midnight Sun Zombie by night-leading us to a fine line of powder-thank-you!
- Shannon - who I met from a Craigslist sale of my airbag pack over 5 years ago AND he is from Cape Elizabeth Maine!
- Dave and his wife- who are friends with neighbor Sally and know Skip via Music and F-CNFAIC-great to ski that line with you both today!
- Josh- educator-skier - Airport Heights local and Sarah's friend who is always fun to run into on the trails!
- Ziggy's and Sadie's human parents and their crew of skiers-a happy ending story on the up track and out track after the dogs seemed to be asking everyone "are you my mommy?"
- To the guys that knew Jo from last weekends ski - again- one of those- Was that you on Magnum last weekend...and they continued talking like they knew each other.
There is something about these mtns. I get in them and all worries go away and the only focus is snow safety and snow quality. Finding the happy mix.
Today was a day where elevation was not your friend and you could see people were finding this out as the day went on. We started meeting up more on the lower elevation trails with big smiles.
And though many folks look at "crowds" in the backcountry as "glass half empty."
Today- the snow, the weather and the people all worked out. Lives were connected and intertwined like the turns that covered the hill. Like most weekend skis, we all share the same up track and out track...but could choose our own lines in-between. Quite symbolic of life in general if you ask me!
I end this day with the suitcase in my heart even fuller due to the skiing and human interactions in Turnagain Pass
May your up track take you to where you wish to be
May your turns be made with ease
May your partners keep you safe and
May you sleep well at night
No comments:
Post a Comment