September 03, 2017

A Birthday Buzz like no other


I awoke on this year's  birthday in my "home away from home" known as Scamp.

 This birthday girl, 2 weeks after the start of school, had one intention - to simply have fun on my birthday! 
My counselor hat was off - wife hat was off- neighbor hat was off.
 I decided to  just wear my "self" hat today and it felt wonderful. 
So with my "self" hat on I wandered the paved trails at the Alaska State Fair observing booths, counters, shelving and displays of handmade goodness and yummies.










I had the most delicious soup on a balcony, in the sun, all to myself. 
Me and my "self" hat that is.


Aunt Fizz was experiencing a burst of inspiration. I was existing here and now with a freedom in my head- a relaxation in my body and an energy that was so welcomed. On my birthday- hanging with hundreds of strangers, I was so HAPPY!




 This "buzz" I was feeling had purpose and I wanted to just exist in its company for as long as I could.



Colors were jumping out, shapes and images were clicking with ideas and hopes. The best part was I had nowhere to be. I could be right there- feeling it all- seeing it all.





There was something about this birthday. The gifts were endless on this day in Palmer with hundreds of strangers. Just me and my "self" hat loving it all.


The one thing I pondered as I drove home from Palmer feeling thankful for my life was....



I wonder when I will wear my "self" hat  again?

No comments:

Older Posts