I finally figured it out. I have been thinking about my mom all day and wanting to write a blog about my 46 years of life with her. Well-a new formed reality hit as I was going through many pictures tonight of my Mom. I saw the pics of her guiding me, supporting me, and teaching me. I saw many pics of her guiding, teaching and supporting her grandchildren.
The photos brought me back to my toddler years, the awkward pre-teen years and then the dreaded adolescent years. But the one constant was my mom. She NEVER stopped supporting me.
She never stops supporting any of us.
But one change did occur once we all grew up- she turned to training dogs. Seriously training dogs.
There were four of us kids...and there have been over 25 service canines raised by my Mom.
Hmmmmmmm......
My question now for my mom and all who have been in her life is....
Did she turn to dogs because they listen better, they can legally be on a leash, and it is acceptable to publicly train them with choke collars, verbal commands, and long extended sit-stays?
Leashes might have helped this xmas holiday..."sit-stay" was not successful. Looks like she tried treat training with Curt. Cleary Anne was helping me with my "sit-stay." John was tired of hearing mom's command of "stay"
I would have done well with "treat training mom?!" A piece of candy in this moment...just think of the change that could have occurred...:) This could have been a successful socialization class, rather than JUST a wedding receiving line.
All humor aside, Thanks mom for sharing your wisdom of the world, teaching me/us how to ask questions, sit in the uncomfortable and not always seek the answers. I love you and am so glad you did all the time with us kids
HAPPY MOM'S DAY! To one super trainer!





No comments:
Post a Comment