July 10, 2016

Biking on the Kenai Peninsula


Everybody's doing' it!
I have lived in Alaska for 16 years and I have traveled out almost 14 of those summers to visit family. I love those travels, but now with a new "family" member (SCAMP) we have decided to explore a bit more of our state during the summer.
My goal was to ride/hike on the Kenai Peninsula - because there are many trails I have never done. This week I decided to conquer a couple of those rides with friends.

The pictures will express the beauty of the landscape.






My words will have to express the power of community up here on our trails. I did not photograph everyone that we happen to run into throughout each day....
let's see- just for giggles, I ran into a couple hockey teammates, avalanche forecaster, my wedding photographer, yoga instructor, a colleagues wife, old friends, friends of friends and more...
Almost every party had a familiar face in it. It was fun to connect with others, introduce friends, and hear route choices and endurance goals.
the best part was the riding though- wow- what great trails!


Another highlight was sitting at the trail intersection after Devil's Pass, enjoying lunch with new and old faces and listening to people's day. The bugs, the trails, the sun, the fatigue, the beauty and an overwhelming appreciation for where our trails and bikes take us.




 




This little eggshell camper has been fun-and will squeeze in  a few more adventures before the next season hits I am sure.



Thanks Jo and Aleph for some great days of riding!


No comments:

Older Posts