My parents have been married 53 years today!!!!
That is longer than my time on this Earth. That makes good sense! As I dedicate this Blog to them as my parents, I realize they are less and less my parents and more and more my companions now in life. As an adult child I get such joy celebrating their role in my life. I get to watch them turn into grandparents. I get to embrace their slow process of aging. I get to support them when they need help, as they did for me as a child.
Congratulations to my parents and all my friends parents who are living life each day embracing the past, present and future. The world is a fast changing place, but when things get tough-hug a grandchild and if you can't find your grandchildren because they are at soccer, swimming, skiing or music class… then do what my parents do- HUG A DOG!
There is a hierarchy to my parents existence. Each of them have their own. I would never presume to know who comes first in each of their lives, but I can guess if you have 4 legs and a tail, you immediately move up on their list!
Happy Anniversary!
Congrats!
THANK YOU!
WOOF!
"Wag more, Bark less"












1 comment:
LUV this post!
Betsy P
Post a Comment