June 30, 2014

I often get asked "How can you leave Alaska in the summer?"

To all my Alaskan friends. 
It is not about what Alaska doesn't have, it is what Maine has to offer. I could have posted all 150 pictures with reasons below each image, but I decided to keep it somewhat brief. My family in Maine is the foundation of my summer visits. There also exists a joy of living on an island, on the coast of Maine. This post is dedicated to my family for always welcoming Skip and I  back into your lives! 




There are always fun people and family coming and going on and off the island. Playmates are present morning, noon, and night.






 PING PONG!

 The dock and the deck are central to most family gatherings





We don't need to go to Value Village for our costumes!



 Time with my cousins (Yoga, Hiking, Croquet, and Paddling)



 Exploring the coastal defense structures and the history of the WWII fortifications on the island

 Sunset boat rides




 Simple pleasures: Dad, Dogs and Boat




 Celebrating island living-having the highlight of the day be the arrival of the Barge or the Fireboat



We get our paddling fix!

 Play on the water is a daily activity

 Got boat? 
 Got paddle?






 Watching family love each other (we were watching Caileigh and Roan's dance DVD) from their recent performances.


Beach combing for seas glass, drift wood and yard art with my nephew Jack!
 Beach treasures are a stone throw away!



 Experiencing family through generational awareness





Celebrating moments, on the beach and at the dock, with nieces and nephews that I had when I was their age!





Family Tie Dying




 Tucker teaching us how to celebrate all moments in life





Sharing life in Ak with nieces and nephews 'til they can come up again soon!



 The number one top reason for leaving Alaska in the summer is spending time with my mom and dad! Thanks for a wonderful visit and taking such good care of the whole family!

No comments:

Older Posts