A career in the arts taught me life and learning is about THE PROCESS not just THE PRODUCT and this applies to so many avenues in life. I love how making art is a mirror for life, just like climbing that rock face, going out on an expedition, or taking on any personal challenge ends up being an analogy for how we approach our day to day lives. I am still learning how to Trust the Process.
Being a religious studies major in under grad exposed me to many philosophies of communities. The most inspiring class was Hinduism and Buddhism. This avenue also introduced me to the idea of TRUST THE PROCESS by letting go. Again, still learning how....
Our "self" hold lots power and ability. Sometimes we do not realize the power of "self" 'til we experience life without it. I love being reminded of my "self" and its powers.
Paying attention in life is important; when the light turns red, stop.
When the alarm goes off, wake-up, when the pot boils, turn off the stove.
But when life speeds up it is hard to pay attention to ALL of it. There is always a challenge to slow down and pay attention because all that we need is right in front of us, or should I say inside of us.
If we just take the time to stop, listen and notice.
TRUST THE PROCESS
Then there are our dogs!
Thanks to my mom, who is going on over 25 years of training Guide Dogs for the Blind and Therapy Dogs, most wisdom in life comes through my relationship with my dogs.
This blog is a reminder that our book shelf can remind us, better than a Kindle or a Nook, what we enjoy, what we need to practice, and how to make it through the hard times.
Now back to my original task, dust the book shelf and vacuum the floor. :)
I love blog-stractions!
No comments:
Post a Comment