March 15, 2013

Change is hard

1.15.13
Jupiter and I have been without Izzy for 2 days and 2 nights. We miss her !... but wonderful friends and neighbors have really made it a lot easier. The tears seem to come from comfortable sadness this time. There is a deep down acceptance of what has happened. As my friend mary said, Izzy called you home Liz.

Jupiter has been by my side morning, noon, and night. I am so thankful for her presence while Skip is still out of state. Jupiter has always been a no bed, no couch, dog, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. 
This is the evening routine watching netflix

This is our morning routine as the sun rises.
 One of the hardest times for me is when I catch Jupiter looking, searching, smelling. She is curious where her buddy Izzy is and I had no idea she would react like this.




 But by the mid afternoon, we get in our naps and look forward to sleeping by each others side each night. Izzy, we miss you but thank you for guiding me with you to the end. 
You taught me so much. You have taught us all so much!
I also thank all those who have read Izzy's story. I can only hope that her journey the past 2 weeks and her 15 year life story may assure, relieve and/or guide just one other dog lover out there, through the most difficult stage of our dog's life!
Thank you!

No comments:

Older Posts