Daily basic care...wiping jowls, supporting up and down stairs, wiping down body parts with warm damp cloth and then soaking food to get the right consistency and temperature. I feel as if my care for Izzy has shifted to the needs of an infant...back to the beginnings.
This morning we had a momentary celebration. Izzy was asleep on her bed and facing out the sliding glass window. I noticed her head lift and her ears perk. Her sight was on target to a moose wandering in our neighbors yard. She saw it before any of us.
Jupiter reacted after noticing Izzy's targeted stare
Izzy is expressing herself with a bit more energy today. Her body is in conversation more with her surroundings. I feel like her day yesterday was "a recovery day" as termed by the ER vet.
Off to run Jupe on the trails and get fresh air. We will invite Izz outside when we return to see if she has any interest.
Izzy's strength is not a fighting strength, it is a purposeful strength. That is the reality I would want and I need to pay attention to. Once one begins to fight reality, contentment begins to dissolve.
Another day, another opportunity to care for this wise, strong girl.


No comments:
Post a Comment