
I often get asked "How did you get the name Aunt Fizz?"
My story is this:
I have a nephew who was just a baby when I lived in Maine and I used to knit hats for him, paint furniture for his bedroom and kept him as my focus when crafting items out of most anything. When he began to talk he used to say Fizz instead of Liz and it stuck from there on out.
Aunt Fizz it would be.
A year later I moved up to Alaska and I had a try at selling my "crafts" at craft shows. It was then that I realized most artists had some really unique and creative names attached to their creations. I spent sometime thinking about the inspirations behind my knitting and beading and realized the inspirations traveled back to the days I spent with Jack in Maine. So it became official, my A.K.A. name in the crafting world was Aunt Fizz and it will forever keep me tied to my favorite nieces and nephews back East whom all my crafting has connected to at one time or another.
I think about you all and miss you everyday!
Love,
Aunt Fizz
Happy Birthday Jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment