August 03, 2008

A sunday of color

Jupe on her "new to her" sheep skin.





I was asked to paint my friend's Laura and Charlies new baby's nursery. I was invited to do anything...I was to decide...WHEW, that kind of freedom is intimidating.
It was a fascinating process, actually more revealing than the final product. What I mean is, the process of thinking about, researching, seeking out colors, designs, shapes and inspirations was great, but when it came time to start, I stopped breathing on the first few brush strokes.

The first stage is complete and the process was fun. laura and charlie visited as I practiced breathing on each brush stroke. We drank tea and ate brownies and Wa-La, the wall has been painted.
No project in my mind involving paint is ever final. I actually left my paints there in hopes that ideas and inspirations will sprout as they view this wall of color over the days and nights to come.
Thanks for inviting me to take the risk. I only hope I can continue taking such risks in other parts of my life.
"It is just paint
"as Susan Sargent would say,"It is not your marriage or your mortgage."

No comments:

Older Posts