August 02, 2008

Anniversary Train Trip- a surprise


















Skip had asked if I had plans for our anniversary this year and I said No. The next thing I knew we were booked for a train trip to Seward.
It was incredible with views of glaciers, moose, mountains and glacial lakes and rivers. The sun was out for our walking tour of Seward which included:
  • walking the beaches and rocky shore line
  • gawking at RV's and how many toys they could actually have in tow,
  • trying to board a cruise ship just to take a peek
  • exploring local galleries and being inspired by all the local crafts and artwork
  • watching salmon in the local creeks
  • napping in the sun
  • eating at local bakeries and bistros
The trip home was just as beautiful and we had a seat in the dome car for most of the way which ads to the viewing experience.
It was the first time leaving Jupiter in the hands of my friend Linda, for a whole day and luckily she remains my friend even after the experience. Jupe played with her two pugs all day, got a few walks and was well behaved from what I hear. Thanks to Linda and her crew. Thanks to Skip for a great train trip and relaxing day in Seward! Wonder where our next year's anniversary will bring us? :)

No comments:

Older Posts