

What comes before Erin D'eimon, a talented young folk musician and after The Lands Duo, a couple folk musicians playing fiddle tunes with a Celtic twist?
INTERMISSION, a talented string band who is trying to move beyond fiddle tunes, to Zepplin. made up of Skip, Bill, Sarah, Sue and Jeff.
After a season of weekly in house "jam sessions", Intermission performed at their Second Annual Folk Festival here in Anchorage this past weekend and they were great. They said they had a go at a microphone workshop that morning and it really helped with their stage presence and singing. The best part is how they make the songs their own by changing the traditional lyrics to their own...from "I looked over Jordan ands what did I see..." is changed to "I looked up to Sunburst and what did I see" (Sunburst is a local back country ski destination popular to many)
"The friends I used to know" is changed to "The labs I used to know"
You kind of had to be there to experience the personalized flair, but it adds an element of surprise and humor along with the expression of many creative talents from each band member.
As a result of their public display of talents, they will be doing a warm up session at a local coffee shop JITTERS tomorrow night in Eagle River. Being a dedicated groupie, I plan to have a front row seat with latte in hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment