June 11, 2017

Day 1 feels like day 10....

But that is a good thing. It has been a blast having these guys here. Today was supposed to be the day of rest from their travel and prep for camping- before we head south in a loaner RV. All I can say it is confirmed that Nina is our mom-we never stopped ... once.  Well, maybe a couple folks did, and maybe I talked about sitting down...but not 'til now did it happen!

I will post the pics as I sip my chamomile tea and barely keep my eyes open.

We are all grieving the loss of Nashville in the hockey game...but it was a good played game. We all agree, we do not like quick whistles though. :(

So here was our day. Here is what we did as we packed up for our camping/road trip starting tomorrow...lots of kitchen time, bike time, and more kitchen time.
It is so wonderful having them here.

If you don't hear from us for a few days, it means we are practicing being Bear Aware in the Chugach National Forest!
BTW-I am the solo tent sleeper and you can bet that there will be some late night pranking on the walls of the RV...maybe I can get some video...to document big brothers hysteria...I am laughing just picturing it....aren't you? Curt being awoken by what he thinks is a bear breaking into his RV and then realizing it is his little sister spooking him...LOL. Who needs pics, the image is hilarious!
Can this be considered childhood sibling revenge in the best way possible???

Okay- back to today's fun.
here are pics- not a lot of commentary because I need sleep, but for those that have visited, you will know the trails and routines in most pics.
 Chocolate chip pancakes by Emmett and dominoes with Fiona- all before 9am!




 Curt has caught the "Fat tire bug" and there is no cure.

 We love our neighborhood because no matter what direction you look, there are riding, hiking and dog walking partners. Today we had a ride with neighbors- so fun!


 Looking for Salmon...


Why we love being Uncle Skip and Aunt Fizz!

 Listening to an Alaska Story about Super Salmon


 CURT AND FIONA BAKING
I won't even tell you the order, or lack there of, that he put in the ingredients to the banana bread. 
 CURT BEING AN EXCELLENT FOREMAN
 BANANA BREAD



CURT AND JUPITER BONDING.




Goodnight for now, but good morning to the east coasters!


No comments:

Older Posts