Get outside as often as you can and bring your toys and your friends. It is the kind of mantra we all had as kids. Play outside, bring your toys, bring your friends, and you will be happy.
How nice to be able to continue the tradition up here in Alaska.
I find I welcome new friends and new toys in the mix a bit easier than when I was younger. Now hitting the trails with new faces, adds to the experience- great to ride with Skip, Alex and Steve.
In regards to new toys, well... it was just over a year ago we invested in our 9zero7 fat bikes. Unlike in my childhood, the main reason I keep new toys from entering my routine is the price, but this investment has been worth its weight in gold.
The above pic is either an ad promoting that Schwinn can play with the big boys, or that 9zero7 has become the bike the choice. I will let Steve Cleary finish that comment.
When winter biking in Anchorage we have the joy of running into friends from hockey, music, school, the 'hood, work, and beyond. "Everybody's doing it" and today that was the case. The crew climbing up the gasoline here is led by Todd, the lead rock banjo player in The Midnight Sun Zombies.
This could be the centerfold of Bike magazine, if Schwinn advertised there. Steve definitely is the poster child for Schwinn in the winter bike arena! He crushed us today!
Skip trying to be the centerfold Bike model, but I told him he is my cover boy!
Alex needs to work on handling the pressure of the camera…when he got told it was a photo opp, this is what happened….
After our photo session, we headed back down only to ride a bit back up and fall in love once again with this great city of Anchorage!
No comments:
Post a Comment