August 27, 2015

Transtion days…. From McCall to Bozeman

 We drove along the Salmon River from the high plateau- north of McCall- and on FS Road 246….

Yes, we drove this road- crazy switchbacks and yes, this is the smoke from all sorts of fires.
 I had more blisters on my hands from the drive than any ride day this year! And dehydration was from sweat loss in hands...
The Salmon River had seen better days in regards to paddle fun. We couldn't get outta there fast enough- horrible air quality.


We found fresh air and camped and then found ourselves arriving in Bozeman for many busy days with old friends
We squeezed in a ride up Sypes Canyon in the heat of the day…:(  It was an old favorite of Skip's but not by local's anymore. I can say I was glad I lowered my seat for the down hill! Aleph, I have dropper post envy (Adam what do you think of that!)

 Bozeman was suffering from the smoke as well….

The stay in Bozeman was fabulous. I got to see Skip connect with great old friends- like he had never left! I only wish we had more time….but we are off to get SCAMP!

No comments:

Older Posts