It depends who you ask.
When cleaning our entryway this past season things lined up next to each other and reality came to light.
Skip thinks I have too many Danskos.
I am always quick to defend.
It sparked a discussion...
| (weekend yard Danskos - brown old Danskos-black old Danskos - dressy black Danskos - dressy brown Danskos and new green work Danskos) |
I don't go out buying shoes on a monthly basis. I have a large collection because when one wears out, I replace it, but I don't get rid of the old.
All old things have purpose.
Skip's philosophy is "how many old pairs do you need for gardening and weekend wear?"
That is when the discussion stopped and I decide to blog.
The same practice is with running shoes I realized.
| (Ice screw shoes-old winter running- old summer running- new summer running- old everyday/gym wear- new gortex winter) |
If I find a pair of shoes, a dress , a shirt, pants, socks or gloves I like and they meet the need then I stick with that style and maybe just alter the color. This may be a way of avoiding buyers remorse.
If I find something that works, why not just get another one in brown and call it good?
My issue is- why get rid of the old?
Here's to justifying a collection of 6!
1 comment:
Post a Comment