September 26, 2010

Thinking of my Mom and Family

On a special day for Mom back in Maine, Skip and I chose to celebrate at a distance by going for a ride in the hills. It was a full sun, fall day. We headed up to Green Lake.
-

Gorgeous fall day in the sun - laying on a rock in the creek.


The sound of the water trickling, the feel of the sun on my face, the sense of fall smells in the air, a chill surrounded me.
I lay here by choice at 1:30 AK time , this was the exact hour of surprise back in Maine for Mom. The family was gathering at the Children's Museum to surprise her with a family party. I wanted to be with them as best I could. So I layed down and imagined.

I imagined her laying on the rocks at the point, on the island- One of her favorite things to do and something she has done for years, with us as kids, with her dogs and now her grandchildren.
I loved being outdoors at this moment and having only the thoughts of mom and my family in the forefront of my mind. Happy Birthday MOM!

When I was done, we continued riding to our destination
Green Lake
While at Green lake, Skip and I talked about family- enjoyed the sun, and once again discussed appreciation for where we live, what fills up our life and how much we care for our families.
Thank You ALL !!




No comments:

Older Posts