December 25, 2009

Our December STAY-CATION

The below are pictures that explain our x-mas STAYcation so far. I have been able to get on skis and play locally everyday since school has been out...with family and friends and hope this can continue with local friends, family and canines into the new year!
Happy Holidays!



Skip: Breaking Nina's route, our local x-country trail named after my mom who will be here in March to enjoy it with us!



Skiing from the house to break Nina's Route

Avalanche Class 1st weekend of vacation in Turnagain and Eagle River
Diggin pits and hanging with fun, experienced women skiers!

Rutschblock Test in a snow pit in Turnagain Arm

Compression test on Harp Mtn in Eagle River

The crew heading out for beacon search activities
Sarah Carter from Valdez teaching us the science behind digging pits and cutting columns



Ski with Laura and Henry and Gertie and Jupe on local trails


Henry all snug as a bug in the chariot

Strong momma

Another day, another ski with good friends Asher and Carolyn and their daughter Autumn

Asher pulling the chariot with Autumn in tow, and jupe in the lead

Anchorage hills

CHRISTMAS DAY SKI
Local ski where we found some snow to test my new gear: Alpine Touring and I loved it. I am not giving up tele skiing, just branching out!

Dynafit bindings- oh so lite! I am learning the ins and outs and enjoying them.

Linking turns on wind slabs and liking the AT gear. I just had to visualize skiing as a kid back East and I was right at home.

YUp, Skip can find snow anywhere- we found it and enjoyed on this x-mas day!
Happy happy, Merry merry!

No comments:

Older Posts