
I played in a hockey tournament all weekend with my Woman's team and it was a blast. I decided last minute to spend Saturday night in Palmer at an Inn right in the heart of the town center. This decision came after waking up after a late late night game and a long drive back, partnered with another night of "sick lab puppy."
I awoke at 8am Saturday morning and before even drinking my morning coffee, I was booking a room and I am so glad I did. It was just what the doctor ordered...
1. lots of fun fun hockey
2. social time with great people who got me out to the winter parade in below zero weather, craft fairs, lunch at cafes and fireworks.
3. a quiet cozy night in an Inn that made me feel like I was in the white mtns of NH.
4. a tournament championship...:) that always helps
5. a great nights sleep

getting ready for game one...



2008 C-Cup CHAMPIONS!!!

Winter carnival parade...below zero, but so worth it. I was having flash backs to the other parade I went to this year...Ten Clam Festival in Yarmouth, Maine but there it was pouring rain...It made me think that all my family would have loved this parade in Palmer as well...Lots of Santas, lots of lights, and lots of families celebrating winter.



My little room at the Inn

Such a New England feel, here is the downstairs area with x-mas tree and antiques lining every wall

The beautiful view from my room. This was an old Marketplace where we ate lunch the 1st day.It had really cool ice sculptures in front and the artists were there explaining all the things they used to make the sculptures. I knew Skip would have loved this. We hope to try some here in our yard. She said she likes using balloons and food coloring...





1 comment:
This is so cool, Liz, I completely missed that you were out there all weekend and won the tourney! Congratulations!! and now I want to make these cool ice sculptures, too:)
Anyway, just got on here to thank you for the special ceremony you officiated for Henry. What a wonderful Godmother you are! I'm thinking you and Henry go for dog walks and contemplate the universe and then go for a hockey lesson! Thanks again!!
Post a Comment