March 06, 2008

Before Sprink Break Adventures Begin....


Mom and dad are in flight from Salt Lake as I type, and since I have til 1:00am I decided I better do a blog update.
I had a very exciting weekend last weekend. I took part in the Tour of Anchorage ski race and had a blast. It was a 25 k skate ski and the trails and waxing job of my skis led me to place 4th in my age group and 35th overall....out of 200 skiers...NOT THAT any of this MATTERS...BUT I am learning the older I get, the more attention I spend on "possible success stories"
It was great to have a long ski on a beautiful day with a bunch of folks who were also enjoying themselves...1600 skiers total? But after finishing I was met by skip on the finish line and then escorted home where I could eat as much as I needed and sleep as much as necessary to prepare for the Womens Hockey League championship game. I did sleep lots and ate lots too.
The game was a blast and we won in overtime 4-5...It was a tough game.
The following are pictures from what I am calling "my most exhausting weekend" since pre-season field hockey my freshman year at William Smith College.

I am now rested and stiffness has loosened, right in time for Mom and Dads arrival for spring break in Alaska! And you thought FT. Lauderdale was the place to go...NOPE!!! Alaska is where spring break is happening.
Stay tuned for new and exciting blog entries from Gammy and Grandaddy's Alaskan spring break adventures. The only thing missing is Flat Stanley!



No comments:

Older Posts